As a Catholic school, our faith is central to everything we do - in the classroom, on the ballfield, in the community and in our celebrations. Our Campus Ministry program provides students with ongoing opportunities to grow spiritually. The spiritual life of our school is made vibrant through prayer, retreats, liturgies, serving others, pro-life activities, and Christian community-building.
Jesus Christ is the reason for this school. He is the ever present teacher in our classes, the model of our faculty, the inspiration of our students. (from the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas)
May our Catholic-Christian faith be alive and vibrant in everything we do and say!
- Liturgy (All liturgies are ALWAYS open to everyone - please join us)
- All School Mass every Friday at 11 A.M.
- Sunday Mass at 5:00p.m. with our residency students
- All School Stations of the Cross during Lent
- School-wide Penance Service during Advent and Lent
- Optional daily Mass at 11:44am
- All day Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament - First Friday of every month
Prayer and Spiritual Life
- All School Retreats to begin every semester: We begin both the fall and spring semesters by hosting a 2-day retreat for all students
- Bible Studies for our students and staff during Advent and Lent: Spring Semester we hold at least one spiritual activity every month outside of the school day (Rosary, Adoration, Novena)
- Day retreat for all students: Every class participates in a one-day retreat every year
- First Fridays - All day adoration in the chapel. Every student spends an hour with the Lord throughout the school day. The time in silence with Christ is not only a time-honored Catholic tradition, but a concrete way to become more deeply in-touch with the Lord
- All school retreats: To begin each semester, the entire student body participates in a retreat (usually led by a nationally-known musician or speaker) that helps build community and gives every student the opportunity to grow closer to God. Great music, prayer, fun and sharing make these retreats something students wil remember for a lifetime.
- Freshmen Retreat: In the first two months of School. The retreat is about relationships helping our Freshmen understand what true relationships are all about.
- Sophomore Retreat: During the beginning of second semester. The retreat is about our Church Community and becoming a member of that Community.
- Junior Retreat: During the first semester. It is a Service Retreat which gives an opportunity for our students to engage in service and be able to understand the true meaning of service.
- Senior Retreat: During second semester our Seniors go to a retreat center overnight. The retreat is to send our Seniors away from MH-MA with the tools needed to be successful in life! Go Forth and be Disciples of the World!
Each student is required to complete 20 hours of service per school year. ( Service Hour paperwork is available to students frequently) During the Spring Semester Campus Ministry will Sponsor at least one large Service Project. The Purpose of this is to give more opportunity for our students to accomplish service by doing meaningful work for those who are less fortunate than us.
Students are given the opportunity annually to join us for a trip to Washington D.C.for the National March for Life.Some students also participate at a rally in Topeka, KS on the Anniversary of Roe vs. Wade mistake in January. This is a great opportunity to defend life in our own state of Kansas. Pro-Life speakers and presenters visit the campus to speak to our student body regularly. Our religion classes continually emphasize the
dignity of all human life and teach students about upholding life through the reading of many Church doctrines and encyclicals.
- Catholic Schools Week
- House system activities and competitions take place throughout the year
Get Involved in the Spiritual life of our campus! What a greate opportunity you have to "step up" in your faith.