As a Catholic school, our faith is central to everything we do - in the classroom, on the ballfield, in the community and in our celebrations. Our Campus Ministry program provides students with ongoing opportunities to grow spiritually. The spiritual life of our school is made vibrant through prayer, retreats, liturgies, serving others, pro-life activities, and Christian community-building.
May our Catholic-Christian faith be alive and vibrant in everything we do and say!
- Liturgy (All liturgies are ALWAYS open to everyone - please join us)
- All School Mass every Wednesday at 11 A.M.
- Sunday Mass with our residency students at 6 P.M. at St. Joseph's Church (all are welcome)
- All School Stations of the Cross during Lent
- School-wide Penance Service during Advent and Lent
- Optional daily Mass
- All day Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament - First Friday of every month
Prayer and Spiritual Life
- All School Retreats to begin every semester: We begin both the fall and spring semesters by hosting a 2-day retreat for all students
- Bible Studies for our students and staff during Advent and Lent. Spring Semester we hold at least one spiritual activity every month (Rosary, Adoration, Novena)
- Day retreat for all students; Every class participates in a one-day retreat every year
- First Fridays
- All school retreats: To begin each semester, the entire student body participates in a retreat (usually led by a nationally-known musician or speaker) that helps build community and gives every student the opportunity to grow closer to God. Great music, prayer, fun and sharing make these retreats something students wil remember for a lifetime.
- Freshmen Retreat: The retreat is about relationships helping our Freshmen understand what true relationships are all about.
- Sophomore Retreat: The retreat is about our Church Community and becoming a member of that Community.
- Junior Retreat: A Service Retreat which gives an opportunity for our students to engage in service and be able to understand the true meaning of service.
- Senior Retreat: An overnight retreat with the tools needed to be successful in life!
Each student is required to complete 20 hours of service per school year. During the Spring Semester Campus Ministry will Sponsor at least one large Service Project. The Purpose of this is to give more opportunity for our students to accomplish service by doing meaningful work for those who are less fortunate than us.
Students are given the opportunity annually to join us for a trip to Washington D.C.for the National March for Life. Some students also participate at a rally in Topeka, KS on the Anniversary of Roe vs. Wade in January. This is a great opportunity to defend life in our own state of Kansas. Pro-Life speakers and presenters visit the campus to speak to our student body regularly. Our religion classes continually emphasize the dignity of all human life and teach students about upholding life.
- Catholic Schools Week
- House system activities and competitions take place throughout the year
Get Involved in the Spiritual life of our campus! What a great opportunity you have to in your faith.